Saturday, November 21, 2009

Liquid Soap!

It's been awhile since I tried a totally new soaping technique, and I've been getting so many requests for shower gel, hand soap and the like, so I decided to go ahead and try my hand at making liquid soap.

It would be nice if I had pictures to post of my project. You know, ingredients being added to the pot, things getting stirred together, the progress as the soap cooked. Yeah, that would have been nice. I think I was a little too excited to get the project started and a little uncertain of myself once it was underway to think about taking photos.

Anyway, it was a great experience! I'm so happy to share my wonderful results:


Look at how translucent it is!! It turned out even better than I expected. I left it its natural amber color and scented it with rosemary, peppermint and spearmint essential oils. It's super bubbly and so much gentler on your skin than the commercial products you buy in the stores.

Check out my Etsy shop, http://www.BellaLunaCrafts.etsy.com , for more info!

1 comment:

  1. Bella,

    I too have just recently returned to making liquid soaps! It is SO exciting isn't it? I have a whole new love!

    I started making liquid soaps YEARS ago, however, not totally understanding the whole process and not being familiar with the soapmaking process at all.... Long story short, I went into making bar soaps, got used to the process, got familiar with the terminology and now I am finding myself going back to making the old fashioned HOT PROCESSED Liquid soaps, and LOVING IT!

    I am seriously thinking of taking the whole liquid soap process to a new height and kind of leaving the Cold Processed soaps a thing of the past for a while!

    Good luck, your soaps look incredible!

    ReplyDelete